"...one of the very finest saxophonists in modern jazz in this – or for that matter in any – country." Peter Bacon, Jazzbreakfast 2016.
- OCTOBER: I'm excited to be traveling to Portugal to work with one of my favourite musicians and great friend, Mario Laginha. See Calander for next gig with Mario.
- OCTOBER: I'm returning to the KUG Jazz Institute,Graz, Austria for the start of my 2nd year. Really settling in well and enjoying the teaching and living in Austria. More information on the BA & Masters courses, teachers and how to apply in 2018 HERE
- SEPTEMBER: After a sell out performance to celebrate 10 years of Phronesis at the 2015 London Jazz Festival, I am delighted to announce that the project is currently being recorded at the HR Big Band studio in Frankfurt under my leadership and with Phronesis - of course! More information on this exciting recording to be released later...
- “Dynamic with deftly executed tempo changes and improvisatory touches.” Horspiegel (website)
- “An excellent album… Deserves to be widely heard.” Jazz Podium (website)
- “Complex compositions and folk inspired pieces that create space for soloists to stretch out.” Stereo (website)
- All latest Tetra CD reviews HERE
"...you’ll struggle to find a better jazz album released in 2015 anywhere than this." Tetra, October 2015, Marlbank.net, 4 Star review
Next Gigs: Click here to book
SEE MORE REVIEWS AND LINKS BELOW
TETRA LATEST CD REVIEWS
"...this is great music from a great band and everything we have come to expect from Julian Argüelles" Howard Lawes December 2015 (full version HERE)
"...you’ll struggle to find a better jazz album released in 2015 anywhere than this." October 2015, Marlbank.net, 4 Star review(full version HERE)
"Tetra is a burst of Golden Sunshine."
Bebop Spoken Here, October 2015 (full version HERE)
"...displaying Argüelles’ consistent talent for freewheeling jazz ventures packed with striking compositions.This is a jazz album to its core, yet full of non-generic surprises." John Fordham, Guardian 4 / 5 star review, October 2015
(full version HERE)
"...it’s never easy to keep a tune strong, simple and without sentiment, but this band nail it...surgingly bobtastic... It’s all really rather splendid."
Jazzwise, 4 star review, Andy Robson, November 2015 (full version HERE)
You are visitor number: 34827